Saturday, April 20, 2013

Princess Room


This is the princess room I did for my favorite little person.  Her mom is a single mom and has finally been able to get a 2 bedroom apartment.  That meant the little princess would have her own room for the first time ever!  I took this as an opportunity to go all out.  She picked the colors and I went with it.

My Inspiration for the room


I've told you already about my horrible memory.  Well,  this time I have most everything in the room photographed before and after (Shocking, I know!)  Starting on Monday I will be posting each of the different elements in the room and how they were made.  I'll also include where I found them (If I remember).

Many of the items were inspired by Pinterest.  That is another of my obsessions.  I love being able to have those ideas easily accessible to my phone.  Before Pinterest I used to have an album that I clipped pictures from magazines that I liked.  The drawback to that was I couldn't take that huge book around with me to the stores.  Now what I do is open the board on Pinterest before I go into the thrift stores so I can refer back to the pictures for exactly what type of furniture piece will work for the makeover.  It also helps to get a full picture of what I want the room to look like, by having each piece of furniture all in one place.

Don't forget to check back in on Monday to see the first post of this room in the making!

Enjoy,
Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment