Monday, April 22, 2013

Mirror Mirror On The Wall


As I promised I am showing one of the items in the Princess Room.  The mirror is one of my favorite pieces in the room.  I don't know if it's because it was such a great transformation because I so hated the colors it started out as or if it's because it's a mirror.  I love using mirrors in my decorating.  This was another of my Goodwill finds.  I was lucky enough to find it on one of their 50% of days.  I only paid $5 for it!!!  


This was a super easy project.  Once I had the mirror all I needed was a can of paint.


Valspar was the only spray paint that came in the color I needed.  So that made the paint choice easy!  It actually worked out really well because It is a combination of paint and primer.  Yay!  Only one step!  I HATE to prime!  I set my old piece of cardboard out in the yard and started spraying.  The coverage with this paint was very good.  It took several coats just to make sure I got the paint in all of the intricate carvings of the frame.  I left it out to dry and that was that!  It's amazing what a quick transformation you can get with just a can of paint!


Stay tuned for more!

Thanks for stopping by,
Mel




No comments:

Post a Comment